The link between good sales coaching and improved sales performance has been well documented in recent years.
A Global Sales Coaching Survey, conducted by the Forum Corporation and the Sales Management Association, found:
- High performing firms provide 15 to 20 percent more coaching than under-performing firms.
- Coaching tops the list of investments that most impact sales effectiveness.
The Basics of Effective Sales Coaching:
- Sales managers should spend at least 25 percent of their time coaching their direct reports – with 2-4 hours spent in one-on-one meetings with each rep every week.
- The key to effective coaching is asking the right questions to prompt a rep to think of their own answers in how they might be able to do things differently.
- The person being coached should feel empowered to make change to positively change the outcomes of their own situation.
Effective coaching can be empowering and motivational, raising both a sales rep’s self-esteem, job satisfaction, and sales results!
For more information on our sales coaching services, please contact us today: 888-887-0556.
© The SunStream Consulting Group. All rights reserved.